Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

[sharechat] Commonweatlh Bank Of Australia shares

From: Mac Brown <macbrown@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:12:55 +1200

  Georgeson Shareholder is administering a voluntary share-dealing
program for small holders, of which I am one (very small).

In their letter to me dated 2 July they advise that the shares are worth
NZ$40.49 but the small print advises that they sell them on the first
Friday after receipt, subject to them delaying if they think its a good
idea to prevent excessive concentration etc. etc.

The question is is this a good way to sell my shares?( I own hundreds
not thousands). Who is   Georgeson Shareholder Australia PTY Ltd.
What are the options?
How do I find out what the shares are worth on today's market?

Any advice/information would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mac Brown