Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2002

Re: [sharechat] Market confounds a blonde

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:13:43 +0000

Hi Marilyn,

>Well knock me over with a feather.
>
>If someone had told me at the time of the Cullen cash injection that
>Air New Zealands share price would have climbed to over 70c by the
> end of May, I would have laughed in their face.

I remember just a few months before the government stepped in Greg
Terry of BIL International suggested that the BIL stake was worth $2
per share.

He was laughed at.   On an equivalent post reconstruction basis
those same shares are now trading at 70/0.18= $3.88!  I hope BIL has
taken the opportunity to sell out.  Perhaps that's why the BIL share
price is heading north so rapidly?

On the subject of ex BIL chairman Terry, does anyone remember the
bet small shareholders association founder Bruce Sheppard had with
Greg Terry about staying at the helm of BIL for more than two years?
 I think a bottle of wine was mentioned as the stake.  I don't think
Greg Terry saw two annual meetings after the bet was made, so I
reckon Bruce won the bet.

Anyone out there involved in the small shareholders association like
to tell us if Bruce collected ?

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Daily ShareChat News Summary The ShareChat Team