Re: [sharechat] Gold, gold, gold

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 18:59:58 +0000

Hi Ben,

>Why do I think this is turning into a speculative bubble?  Well,
>what's gold?  Does gold have any real practical value in the world?
>No.  Gold is just another currency, whose value is determined by
>speculators and perception.  It doesn't make software (Microsoft),
>drinks (Coke), jet engines (GE) etc etc.  As Snoopy's humorous
>quotes illustrated - what are ya gonna do with your gold
>post-apocalypse?  Flake it off?
>
>Best Regards
>
>Ben Dutton
>(Thinking about getting a gold filling).

Actually Ben gold isn't totally useless.   Your gold filling example
is one important application.  Isn't it used on some CD-R products?
I think it has various applications in electrical circuits as well.

It's soft for a metal, but very corrosion resistant.  And it can be
made into rather attractive products.  Perhaps now is the time to
move into MHI?   But can be persuade Michael to stop selling product
so that the asset value of his company increases ;-) ?

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"