Re: Re: [sharechat] I have no gold shares! Alternative Strategyfor tou

From: "Mr Nua" <mr_nua@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:02:42 +1200

I have a ShareChat joke for you all...

"Knock Knock...."

What's that?

Usually someone commenting on someone elses strategy on ShareChat.

O.K, so it's a bad joke, but by now we should be all educated enough to realise that there are hundreds of ways to make money on the stock market and not just bag others outright.

The fact that many posters here dismiss some of the Gold postings as "Gold nutters", disguises the fact that there have been (and may continue to be) some good gains to be made in Gold stocks. The graphs below show the Spot gold price from 1979 and a close up of the current price. Not too sexy up until a few months ago. But few can deny that there has been a definite change in trend.

The situation reminds me of the internet stock explosion. Many posters using fundamental analysis were glad to see the end of the dot boom. Comments like "Warren didn't invest in it because he didn't understand it" and "Punters investing on air" hid the fact that there were 100's of %s to be made if you had your exit criterea in place.

The same can be said for the current moves in Gold price. Commodity traders long on Gold have made thousands of %. Traders in gold stocks over the past few months are making great returns on their investments.

Posters should understand that simply because your strategy is different to others, their strategy (or yours) is not necessarily wrong. Anyone who is making money on gold stocks right now - Good on you. Everyone who is making money from regular dividends - Good on you too.

Every time I read a post bagging "Gold nutters" or "Technical mumbo jumbo" I can't help wondering if there is a little jealousy, that someone right now (and prehaps not over the longer term) is making more money than you on the markets.

Nua

Go Gold!
Go Technicals!
Go Fundamentals!