Re: [sharechat] Gold

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:09:02 +0000

Hi tonysw,

>Slanging match....why not!

Nothing like a bit of pot stirring is there tony?  I reproduce below
the comment from the main author of the aus.invest FAQ, Travis
Morien, when he got into a similar exchange on the future prospects
of holding gold:

"I'm not flaming you but you probably will get offended anyway."

"I have always found goldbugs nutty and paranoid, with their constant
talk of the complete collapse of commerce."

"I have this image in my head of some guy with tissue boxes on his
feet, latex gloves and a face mask going down to the local post
apocalyptic store and trying to chip little flakes of gold off his bar
in order to buy bread."

"After anarchy sets in a ravenous mob of looters would just pinch
your bullion anyway."

"I suggest if you are this way inclined you invest in an air raid
shelter and fill it up with more useful things, like non perishable
food, warm clothing, advanced weaponry plus plenty of ammo, maps, a
kayak, petrol and some hardy survival gear.  This will be more useful
under these economic conditions than a few bars of gold."

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"