[sharechat] winner and bca

From: "Dick O'Connor" <callme_nz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:12:42 +0000

Winner, I was a keen holder of BCH shares until I sold out towards the end
of last year, and the figures you mentioned yesterday look a bit strange.
BCH was selling for $8.25 at the end of Dec 98.The 2:1 split was made in May
99. Just before the split, BCH was selling for just over $10, and it
droppped back to $5 after the split

If you had been given 100 shares at Christmas 98 they would have increased
to 200 at a cost of $4.12 each.

If this is any help: Taking into account the extra shares BCH holders would
have got, and the special dividend, and the phase of the moon, and anything
else I could think of, the post-merger price in my case would have been
$7.15 (if I had held on).

I sold out because of the PE ratios of more than 50%..they were just too
high in all logic. The co has said it believes it can maintain 20% growth,
although this still has to be proved. Under the PEG rating (which has come
into wider and wider use in recent years)the PE rating would need to fall to
20 to make the co attractive...and it would still depend on being able to
achieve the 20% growth.     Cheers