Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2002

Re: [sharechat] Tel

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:46:10 +1000

Hi Barry,

Snoopy has made some good points.  Just to expand a bit on the issue of
AAPT, the division isn't looking too healthy here in Australia.  They've had
quite a few job cuts and a person who used to work for them tells me that
morale is pretty low (as it is in any company that retrenches).  AAPT
doesn't really have any points of differentiation in the market except on
price, but continued discounting is not what is going to make Telecom money
in the long term.

In saying that Telecom NZ Australia seems to be making some good inroads
with corporate clients, but this isn't necessarily going to help the
situation AAPT is in.

Snoopy - I noted with interest your comment "the sacking of Gattung".  You
must not be impressed with her management of the company.  Why?

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
(Disc. do not hold TEL).