Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

Re: [sharechat] GPG advice (was INL advice)

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:00:01 +0000

Hugh Webber wrote:

"huh? but if GPG's profits are only the result of a series
of one-off deals then charting has nothing useful at all
to offer on it."

Charting might have picked up a change in sentiment due to those 'in
the know' getting a whiff of whether a future pivotal one off deal
has a high/low probability of going through at a good/bad price (or
not).

Charting can't be used to predict the future.  Charting won't tell
you if a past trend will continue into the future.  Charting will
only tell you if a trend is continuing at the time the chart is made.

Personally I wouldn't make an investment decision based only on a
chart.  But if you forced me to make a decision based on a chart, or
based on assets that have already been sold I would pick the chart.

Better again would be to look at the assets that the investment
company concerned still retained and try to figure out how they are
going to make a profit from those.
SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."