Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

[sharechat] AIA statistics

From: "Morgy" <morgy40@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:47:50 +1200

Should anyone be in doubt as to AIA's supremacy as the gateway to & from NZ, read below. I have also included the statistics web site that this came from. Hamilton has 1.8% of arrivals and departures. I do not think that ChCh has any relevant effect as it is hard to imagine anyone wanting to go to Auckland or indeed anywhere in the NI, flying into ChCh because of the high cost of internal travel in NZ. The increase in traffic to CHCH would aptly reflect the increase in tourism overall & is the gateway to the SI.  Go AIA, in 1990 nearly 4.5 million people to sell to as they cruise though the airport, imagine the population of NZ coming through you suburban shopping mall, what value would that property company have ? & nearly 28 thousand landings to charge. I'm not surprised ACC want to sell.

International Air Passengers and Flights by New Zealand Airport
Year Ended December 2000

Auckland airport was New Zealand's main gateway for international arrivals and departures, with 28,000 international flights serving 4.433 million or 71 percent of all air passengers in 2000 (Table 1.02). For the first time, over one million international passengers passed through Christchurch airport in 2000.

2.222C?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] A taxing question Derek