Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

[sharechat] Book Review

From: "trader 100" <trader_100@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:46:36 +0000

I am in the process of reading a book that I thought may be of interest to
some of you.  "The Inefficient Stock Market: What Pays Off and Why" by
Robert Haugen provides an excellent summary of modern finance theory
(efficient markets, rational expectations etc) and its shortcomings.  It
then presents evidence to support the view that markets don't react in a
rational manner.  The book is very well written and clearly benefits from
Haugen's broad finance experience (he is a university professor and a
portfolio manager).

Regards,

T100

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] All aboard the transrail express !! nick