Re: [sharechat] Spot the Dog

From: ichi@ihug.co.nz
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:03:08 +0000

Phaedrus wrote:

> ...Freund and Williams...Descriptive Statistics...
> Inductive Statistics...extrapolations...inferred
> ...Time Series Analysis...sound statistical concepts...

yadda, yadda, yadda.  Lots of fancy words to describe a
simple-minded concept.  Buy when it goes up.  Sell when
it goes down.  It's not rocket science.  Although you do
get to make lots of fancy graphs.  Garbage in, garbage out.

> Anyone questioning this would also have to question the
> validity of every other form of forecasting based on
> historical data,

What?  Question the weather forcast?  Surely not.
The weather people do a stirling job.  I reckon they
get it right at least twice a week.