Re: [sharechat] RE TWR

From: "andrew cottingham" <arco@adinfinitum.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:53:06 +1300

John (also for Nick the Kiwi).
John - at some point we all have to make a decision, and you perhaps decided prematurely (because of the downward spike) to sell before you saw the outcome of yesterdays trading. I suggested waiting for a close below $5.12 and then to re-consider. As a TA I would not have sold because yesterdays candle created a tweezer bottom. This generally means lows have been tested and rejected by the market. After seeing that I would have waited another day to re-consider - rightly or wrongly. For the people on Sharechat who are interested in TA I have attached the chart again, and you will see in all cases after a tweezer bottom the market has moved up. (Diamonds mark the spots !). Perhaps today TWR will prove me wrong, however it is important to realise the market is going to gyrate in anyway it wants to, and there's nothing anyone can do to influence this. That is why we have to set boundaries to determine how and when we act, and that's why a defined stop is most essential.
The red arrow marks the original uptrend line, and a close above that may indicate the share is back on track. The 3 blue lines are a Fibonacci Fan.
Andrew