Re: [sharechat] PTD Getting a hammering

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:58:47 +1300

        Went in to stir the pot, like to play devils advocate occasionally.
They do seem a very one eyed bunch i must say.  On a serious note the way
that OZsite is set up with different message boards for each stock seems to
lead to a situation where all the participants of a certain board are in
favour of the stock, not only that but they seem to reasure each other as to
the worth of the stock. On PTD its reached the point where many are touting
figures of 30 dollars a share, this when the stock is only 4.40 with a flat
year forecast by the chairman revenue wise.
      When somebody else comes to the board with a different view, as i did,
they are so wrapped up in the stock  that they actually believe im only
saying it to drive down the price so i can buy some more. Not only that they
also see any negative attack against the stock as a personal attack against
themselves. Almost as if PTD was a member of the family, that must be
protected.
  The stock has had a good rise, this will have enforced the view of the
board that PTD is their road to riches, will be interesting to see how they
react to any setback.

 Nick