Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] China B Shares

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:30:33 +0000

Hi Morgy,

> Mid last year I read an an article about a guy (can tremember his
>name) who was travelling throughout the world in a vehicle convoy
>because thats what he liked to do. He was quite young & had retired
>from commercial life after making a killing on the futures / stock
>market a few years ago.

The name is unimportant.  The important point is that he is a guru!
;-)

>He recomended "china B shares" listed on the
>NY Nasdaq exchange because China was the new world order in terms of
>share potential, his theory was that 200 years ago it was England /
>Europe, the last 100 years have been America & the next period will
>be China,

Hmmm, that's interesting, because the middle of last year was when
the article below was written

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/01_25/b3737161.htm

>My questions are
>
>1. How does one investigate this theory in relation to share
>development

With a longbow?

>2. How does one investigate this particular type of share
>on the Nasdaq, i.e web sites , brokers etc.

Type

"China B" AND "stock"

into a search engine and see what it spits out.  HTH.

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."