Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] Beat the Brokers - Final Results

From: "Chris Castle" <c.castle@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:29:14 +1300

Mike,

Thanks for running the competition. Obviously it took a lot of effort to track 75 portfolios with all the associated dividends and rights issues.

I need to correct your reference to the luxury yacht - I don't usually get it as right when actually investing so in fact there is only a 12ft aluminium dinghy. Nevertheless, the chardonnay will be enjoyed in these more humble surroundings and will facilitate a toast to the New Year which I hope is a good deal more profitable for us all than the year just passed.

I've found in the past that investment success in one year guarantees that the following year is the opposite so my aim when entering the competition for 2002 will be trying not to come last (despite the fact that this also appears to earn a bottle of chardonnay).

Again, many thanks for your efforts.

Chris Castle