Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

[sharechat] TEL

From: "Viewpoint ." <viewpoint_@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:27:21 +0800

Greg - I agree with you that entry and exit prices are important factors.
Great to see you got in so 'cheap' at 430 - but does that make 500 a price
you have to barking mad not to take advantage of.

Your other point was 'that Telecom also has a tremendously large base of
cash paying customers ,a factor which is always going to help them through
tough times.'

But aren't you worried that while Telecom has increased its debt from $2.2B
odd in 1999 to a current level of $5.7B their operating cash flows (as well
as earnings) are now lower than they were before the new borrowings and
acquisitions? That is the main reason why the current share price is lower
than it was back in 1999

So how cheap is cheap?

I don't know but in my view when liabiities are about the same as assets
(excluding the intangibles) and operating cash flows and returns are
declining things don't look all that good.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] ADV Intelligent Investing Team