Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: [sharechat] Nuplex, BlueStar

From: "Emerald Group" <emerald.co@actrix.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:54:10 +1300

The high interest rate and low take up of BlueStar bonds would suggest that
both the company (offering unusually high interest rate) and investors have
factored in a higher degree of risk than that say of Fonterra.  At the end
of the day, what people want to know is what chance have they got of seeing
their capital returned when the bonds mature.  Also will the company's
ability to pay interest continue?
Remember Skellerup bonds? Remember Metropolis bonds?  Both looked fine on
the surface, but at the end of the day, the fundemental backing was lacking.

EK