Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

[sharechat] Nuplex, BlueStar

From: ichi@ihug.co.nz
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:07:37 +0000

Ian Andrews wrote:

> I was attending a broker's briefing from the CEO of Nuplex
> (I own some NPX). I was amazed at the depth of the business,
> & impressed with the goal of 15% p.a. EBITDA.

I, for one, would be interested in some discussion on Nuplex
(I do not own NPX).  Any of you guys got an opinion?

Also, I am amazed that the BlueStar Print issue hasn't been
snapped up by interest-rate-hungry investors.  I would have
thought that mom & pop would have found the 10.75% irresistable.
And such a pretty prospectus, too.

The front page of the latest Greenslades newsletter is a laugh:
   Fonterra  7.00%  SOLD  (in a buying frenzy)
   Fernz     8.50%  SOLD
   NPT       9.50%  limited supply
   BlueStar 10.75%  lots available (please buy some)

You could be forgiven for thinking that the market is up-side-down,
with the lowest returns the most desirable.

Disclaimer: I own Fonterra, Fernz and NPT.  BlueStar made me queasy.