Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

[sharechat] Briscoes

From: "Jared Honore" <nzeaglei@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:53:37 +0000

hi.

this chat site is basically DEAD. today we had the only REAL IPO of the
year, and how many posts did we have on it? not even ONE. pathetic. for
those of you lurking readers out there, why not take the plunge and say
something. or go over to http://www.sharetrader.co.nz where there is some
action, at least. I used to like this site far and away, but its like a
ghost town now. oh well....i will kick something off.

I bought BGR at 1.42 today. can you all believe that $10m got traded in that
stock alone! that is normally about 10% of the average daily NZSE turnover.
there is some interest there, thats for sure. i dont know if it was a good
idea to buy, but what i am hoping is that in the Weekend Herald and other
weekend papers, all the cliched mums and dads will read about how well it
did today, and call their brokers on monday. wishful thinking maybe, but
then again....

cheers
jared