Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: [sharechat] danone research

From: "Phil Boeyen" <pboeyen@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:53:05 +1300

Interesting.  Kiwis have a long memory of the "French arrogance" re
Greenpeace and I think this could be playing a part in this particular bid.
Not anti-French per se but Danone's "attitude" towards Frucor - continuing
to downplay its prospects (ok it's a game and their playing their part) -
doesn't seem to be going over well.  I also wonder if people aren't
comparing this Danone response with the takeover of PDL.  Another French
company but it went very smoothly thank you because of an extremely
attractive bid price - no time for anti-French sentiment when the price is
right.

So with this research they are obviously trying to figure their next move -
how much to offer to become the good guys, or should they just walk?

Cheers, Phil