Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: [sharechat] Re:[sharechat]Share investments: Prospects

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:39:56 +1300

Interesting level headed post, Capitalist!

You were referring to " Long rates are going up". Yes, I picked that up as well. Sure that is a signal that some sort of recovery will perhaps come at the right time!

In my opinion, long rates can also move if the US at a later stage is to experience a bout of stagflation. The latter is feared. It is good to have Greenspan, around, that is for sure!

I raised this point with a well known Australian economist last week ( I am not an economist, my nephews are, have studied economic theory though and have a couple of units.).

He would'nt comment on that. It is still too early to talk about it.
I gather that the margins on the US Christmas sales are well down this year, plenty of discounts around, I believe!

Anyway, this Stock picker still hopes to pick some goodies, come what may!

And I hope that you and your husband will have some nice, well deserved Christmas celebrations!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] BRISCOES IPO Emerald Group