Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] Receiving a virus, and knowing if you have one?.

From: "Mike" <terra1@Ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:49:20 +1300

Hi all,
        I have been reading about everyone getting viruses from e-mails etc.
I am with Ihug and I pay I think it is about $2.95 a month and they check
your mail for viruses for you, other than that I run no virus software at
all and I never have nor have I've ever had a virus (knock-on wood).  This
is part of the email I received from Ihug a couple of months ago about
viruses and how I could protect myself.

Get Ihug's i-Spy service now to protect yourself from e-mail borne viruses,
you don't have to download any software as we handle it all before the mail
arrives at your PC. Go to http://www.ihug.co.nz/ispy

All the infected email's must have been picked up by them because all I
received was notices from Ihug telling me that such in such a email was
infected with a virus which has now been removed, so I assume that they must
of picked up on the infected email's and removed them before they were sent
to me.

If in fact I did still have an infected machine how would I be able to tell
???.

I run Windows 98 Second Edition and OutlookExpress Version 6 along with
Internet Explorer Version 6.

Mike