Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] Danone Offer

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:21:06 +1100

Hi MB

That's interesting news indeed - thanks for your post and information.  It
would appear that Danone are conducting some informal market research to
canvass opinion on their current offer.  Perhaps an indication that they are
not so confident in the offer themselves.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out - it wouldn't surprise me if
they added a couple of cents as a "sweetener".  Brian Gaynor had some
interesting things to say in his Herald article today about Frucor and
arbitragers, check it out here:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/businessstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=230466&t
hesection=business&thesubsection=markets&thesecondsubsection=sharemarket&the
tickercode=

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
Disc. no FRU.