Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] CEN takeover bid

From: "Colin Ross" <ceejaynz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:46:54 +1300

Simply to add another perspective to the discussion....

Be aware that  UK & USA for two, are very heavily into nuclear power.

Reactors need to operate on a steady base load they cannot be switched off
and on like ( particularly) a hydro source.

Accordingly, there are large surpluses of power available at unsociable
hours - probably need to be sold at loss-leader prices.

These conditions could have an effect on overall profitability/ share values
of such Companies.

Ceejay