Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] Am i in the wrong forum??????

From: "Nick Kearney" <nickk@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:06:10 +1300

I wasn't going to reply to this, but considering the spleens that have been vented at Gerry recently (unjustifiably) I will add my two cents worth.

At the end of the day, if you don't like this site then go elsewhere.  There will be no loss to this site and a big loss to the other one when you sign up.

Ramping doesn't exist.  It is a fallacy. No-one but you rings the broker and decides to buy or sell stocks.  If others are exceeding expectations on a stock then do what others do in a democracy - say you disagree.  It is an insult to intelligence to suggest that Gerry, or others, are influencing decisions to buy stocks.  You make the decision, not Gerry, Peter, Hugh or anyone else.

One might think that you yourself indecently hyped up FRU in all those months that you promoted it with vengeance.  That is a problem with alleged ramping - it is subjective.  I read what you wrote but decided that FRU wasn't for me.  That is how it works.  I read Chris Castle's excellent articles in the SST and get a little excited sometimes.  He writes some good stuff here also. Doesn't mean he is ramping, and it certainly doesn't mean that I buy the stocks he comments on.  I repeat - that is up to me and me alone.

We live in a global environment.  We can trade stocks in three different continents at the push of a button.  If someone wants to talk of a stock from Australia, England, USA or here then so be it.  I won't be the one that protests.  My delete button takes care of the posts I don't want to read.

To finish off, I suggest you are in the wrong forum.  I haven't found a whingers and moaners site yet but that should be where you focus your attention.

NK