Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

TIA (was Re: [sharechat] Phaedrus)

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:27:16 +0000

Hi All,

Do any of you follow this one?   Not to invest money in I hope!
Because it isn't a stock at all!  But this does not mean
that following TIA is a waste of time.   TIA is part of the
answer to Chris's question.

>Chris (the "got a minute" poster).
>
>I am sorry I did not thank you earlier, I was unsure how others
>would react to a simple thank you post using up space on the forum,

If you ask a question on this forum, it is often a good idea to have
the final line of your question post as 'TIA'.  TIA is shorthand
for "Thanks in advance."   If you use TIA, you are effectively
expressing your gratitude in advance.  So it saves you the need to
send an extra post to the forum as a "thanks" after you get the
answer.   And it stops the forum becoming bogged down with single
line "thanks" messages.

>and thought you may not want people sending e-mails directly.

As far as people sending e-mails to others on this forum directly,
as a direct "thank you" gesture, I don't see a problem with it.   It
would be a rare person who actually dislikes being thanked.  But if
you strike such a person, then they have probably subscribed to this
forum with an address that they never check, so no offence will be
taken if you send your message there. SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] research tennyson@caverock.net.nz