Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] WAM

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:09:31 +1300

                There is too much emphasis placed on short
term shareprice (unless you are a short term trader).  If
you think a company is undervalued go ahead and buy the shares.
Your 2.49 is perfectly reasonable given the companys fundamentals.
If you are planning to hold for several years then it makes little
difference
if you buy at 2.30 or even 2.60.   If you dont believe me go
back over charts from 2 or 3 years ago.
      I too make this mistake on occasion.  Last year i was tempted
to buy FAP but the day i was going to buy they shot up 30c and
i thought i had missed the boat.  This was when they were about
6 dollars,  now they are about 14.00.
            If the fundamentals are good the shareprice will eventually
reflect this

  Nick