Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] Frucor announcement and its detractors

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:31:56 +1300

        Just the kind of churlish response i would expect from you.
I did say i wouldn't go back over previous posts , but your comments
here have annoyed me.
        Anyone who goes back and looks at the Frucor postings last May
will see    i received some bad personal flak, mainly by
 people panicking or gloating because the shareprice slumped.
    NK was one of those who seemed to delight in the demise
of Frucor at the time , he wrote.
"
Where are the fanatics who were ramping this stock only a few months ago?
My namesake has been remarkebly quiet lately!
Cheers
nk"

      Fact is i never did or ever have ramped a company here ever.
Frucor was and is a very good company, and if there are people here
who are going to panic and sling mud just because of a slide in shareprice,
they might be better off investing elsewhere or at least
 have the decency to keep quiet.
          Fortunately many people here have behaved much better,
P Robinson was one who kept a realistic view on the company,
and there were many others.
        In the last few months i have noticed the quality of this forum has
declined,
it coincided with Ben leaving for Australia, i used too look forward to
coming home
and reading all the posts, now i am seriously considering unsubscribing
   Nick

       P.S  i did actually find your analogy rather crude and offensive.

> From one Nick to another
>
> It wasn't that you were banging your head against a brick wall, it is just
> that we seemed to receive every day messages about FRU and if it was human
> then its faeces wouldn't smell (if you excuse the analogy)
>
> Some people just aren't interested in companies that just sell drinks.  I
> was one of them.  I preferred (and still do) more diversification such as
> RBD which has food, drink and coffee.  At the end of the day, it is still
> only valued at $2.35 and that is below its all time high.  If you look at
> the action in CEN lately then that was the better 'catch'.
>
> Anyhow, well done.  You hung in there and might make a small profit.
> Nothing that no-one else has done at some time in their life.
>
> Cheers
>
> NK

Check