Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] Hulun Clucks........

From: "Jim Insley" <jinsley@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:41:55 +1200

Marilyn,you said,
'I agree with Ben that Hulun Clucks contributions on the subject were unhelpful. They were on a scale with her statement tearing up the ANZUS treaty at the time of our friends ( if not allies) hour of greatest need.'
Marilyn,the US disengaged NZ from ANZUS some years ago.They did it,not NZ,and the action was arguably against the treaty terms anyway.As Clarke said,ANZUS is in limbo,and it has been for years.   regards,Jim