Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

[sharechat] FIG Progress Report

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:23:28 +0000

Hi Group,

Following this prodding in a private e-mail from Gerry

>Is it possible to summarize the progress made so far in the
>discussion of the screens used to indicate a possible worthwhile
>investment?
>
>I think that the investor would welcome that as it would enable
>him/her to directly apply the FIG's findings without having to
>wade through a lot of discussion.

 I have attempted to summarize just where the Focus Investing Group
has got to so far.   It is a lengthy summary so rather than post it
again here, I suggest that those readers who are interested make
their way over to the Focus Investing Group to find it.

Before you all head off there I will make one disclaimer.  The Focus
Investing Group is in no way suggesting that the FIG criteria are
the be all and end all of 'good investment'.   We are attempting to
look at investment in the 'Warren Buffet Style', but this is not to
say you cannot do well by using at a completely different style.

As an example 'Rubicon' would probably fail all of our initial
screening focus investing criteria.  Yet there is no doubt that those
who got in on the ground floor have found it a spectacularly
successful investment.

So 'properous investing' to you all, whatever your style. SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] AIR NZ tennyson@caverock.net.nz