Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] This just gets better and better ...........(or might is right?)

From: jerrold poh <pohj@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:43:37 +1200

> Yes and Helen may be devious in the eyes of some but at least we
> haven't got a leader with a face that makes me want to burst out
> laughing whenever I see it - if it wasn't potentially so catastrophic
> for all of us.  Go Dubbya!

Note: following quotes found from the Auckland University Craccum
magazine.  The online article can be found, here:

  http://craccum.com/2001/Issue_8/1178.htm

And here you are RIL, wondering why the rest of the world was soooo
worried that Dubbya was running for president. One day, with the slip of
his tounge, he's going to accidentally blow up the whole world.

        "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't
        do it, that's trustworthiness."-- CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000

        "I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle
        the job is underestimating."--U.S. News & World Report, April 3,
        2000

        "I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I
        do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way
        it goes."--Des Moines, Iowa, Aug. 21, 2000

        "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a
        literacy test.''--Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

        "Reading is the basics for all learning."--Announcing his
        "Reading First" initiative in Reston, Va., March 28, 2000

Jerrold.