Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] Unit Trusts & Managed Funds vs TeNZ or WiNZ etc

From: "Alex Carding" <alexcarding@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:12:26 +1200

Sorry, I am completely new to this business, but I know enough to know what I don't know-if you know what I mean............anyone want to have a go with these questions?

1. I am a moderate risk investor, so like the Dollar cost averaging concept and so will shortly commit to managed funds. Question: I was going to use three or four different funds, is this a good idea?... or should I select one, perhaps a 'Master Fund' with multimanagement options?

2. I have cash to invest too and I am concerned about impact on my investment of purchasing today, when the exit price for most funds is declining. Not so bad if I thought they were at the bottom of the barrel, but confident they are not. A lump sum investment today could result in my investment fund taking too long for the exit price to rise above my dollar cost average investment. Question: are lump sum purchasers a good idea in managed funds? (unless you are sure the exit price has hit the bottom and will rise, then I think I know the answer)

3. I like also TeNZ. Question: How do you rate Passive to Active Funds? Question:Does anyone know if Govt (IRD) extended the special agreement for taxation exemption on Capital Gains for Indexed funds, which expired 31 March, 2001? What do you think?

Michael Carding

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FRUCOR - What progress? G Stolwyk