Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

RE: Re: [sharechat] Ebet: Time for a punt? / Ethical Investing

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:10:41 +1200

I contributed to this thread at the beginning, before the discussion about
the morality  of  various investments began,  and have followed it with
interest subsequently.
I was not going to comment on the morality aspects of investing in gambling
stocks but find myself now somehow forced to do this because of the numbers
of you who seem  to be against it.
To all of you who espouse this view I would pose the following simple
[rhetorical] question.
Are not all "investments" in shares simply  "punts"?

Cheers,
John