Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] No Growth Fullas

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:01:11 +1200

A recession is defined as two successive quarters of negative growth or, in the
USA, they have some
committee which declares a recession (rather laughable, why don't they just
default to two negative
quarters). The quarterly data from SNZ is sort of provisional and is quite
liable to be revised,
probably
upwards, in the future. I for one, don't belive their "primary industries
declined" scenario.
You'll note
that Finance Minister Cullen thinks the next two quarters will be positive and
I think in this case
he's
right.
cheers,
Hugh
----------
> From: te ranginui <tranginui@yahoo.co.nz>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: [sharechat] No Growth Fullas
> Date: Saturday, 30 June 2001 9:06
>
> There is no growth in March fullas. Do yous think we
> are in a resession?
>
> Te Ranginui

> http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
> - Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!

> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.shtml.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Re: Goodall and heroic.... hugh webber