Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] TRUSTPOWER

From: "Deidre" <deidre.gunn@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:34:45 +1200

Philip,

Its always hard to know what to do........I'll be fascinated to watch and
see what happens with the "Stand" Alliant and Infratil placed today. Will
Alliant and Infratil gain control as a result?

My calculations still show Alliant and Infratil will be at around the 48%
mark if they get all the shares asked for in the "Stand" announcement today.
Their current holding is estimated at around 46% (at start of business Wed)
and the Stand will give them another 2% roughly. Maybe they already have
more than 46% or my calculations are wrong?

I don't see how AGL are going to get there. As at 30 May AGL had 20.5%. They
would need to partner up with TECT which would give them another 22.7%. They
would need another 6.8% approx. to get control (both parties may have
already purchased more).

I may have my calculations wrong. But the way I see it, Infratil an Alliant
could have all the shares tied up already or by tomorrow. So the share price
AGL are offering would be irrelevant after that. I'll be very interesting to
watch.......

The only thing I would bet on is that the price will drop next week.

Good luck trading....
Deidre

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] TRUSTPOWER P Jones