Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] TRUSTPOWER

From: "Deidre" <deidre.gunn@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:46:20 +1200

Philip,

This is it.... the battle for control is underway. One of the major parties
must buy a controlling shareholding by the end of the week or they will need
to compile to the new takeover rules starting July.

I heard on the radio on my way home from work that Infratil/Alliant together
now have 46% of Trustpower. Still got a wee way to go yet. And what are the
others up to? Alliant/Infratil are the only parties who can gain control
with buying the public's shareholding. The others all need one of the other
key shareholders to sell.

It could get hotter yet...... then again this may be the top.... but three
more days to go....see what tomorrow brings.

Deidre.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Hugh's Test Phaedrus