Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

[sharechat] Hugh's Test

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:13:04 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,
     Perhaps you missed my response to Hugh's post. I repeat it for you
verbatim.

     "You seem to suffer from the influence of excessive ego involvement in
your market decisions. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to apologise when
you are wrong. I am wrong about 40% of the time. I don't apologise or explain
(who to? - I am answerable to no one but myself) - I sell.  What do you do when
you are wrong, Hugh?  Average down, I bet. Throw good money after bad, anything
rather than admit a "mistake".
     You will find me fairly silent when "challenged" (there goes your ego
again) to predict the future of a particular share. Totally mute in fact. For
the last time, technical analysts do not predict the future. They interpret the
present using mechanical methods of proven historical efficacy, holding when
right and selling when wrong."
                      Phaedrus.

PS  I consider myself a serious investor - I do it for a living. Are you and
Hugh serious investors?