Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST >>> LONG-TERM TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 02:15:48 +1200

Thank you Phaedrus!

I support both the fundamental approach and technical analysis; the first to understand the company and the second as confirmation.

Your approach will be useful when a choice will have to be made from two or more competing investments, all with seemingly good fundamentals.

Some members of STANZ also use technical analysis on medium term investments, I was given to understand.

I confess, I am no expert in this field but will be able to interpret a ' simple '  chart.

As we all want sound investments, it is vital that we use all avenues available to us. We, in a way, are miniature companies and our gains or losses, when investing overseas, will be of interest to NZ.

There is no doubt that technical analysis has market power and is used by brokers and fund managers alike. Some of their advice to us, is based on this.

The trader will need technical analysis to make decisions. In my opinion, much of the interpretation is based on human behaviour in the buying and selling as shown on the charts.

I believe that traders would work on the probability of succeeding. By using the appropriate techniques, their chance of success increases!

Enough said! I invited Snoopy, Peter Maiden and Phaedrus to contribute.These contributors including me, may not necessarily agree with some of each other work.

Readers benefit because the four of us represent a wide range of ' colours '  of the investment spectrum !

Therefore, we, readers, will appreciate the next offerings from these three gentlemen!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Thank you Gerry G Stolwyk