Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] Goodman Fielder comparison

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:15:44 +0000

>I am totally new to this share investment business and am wanting to
>undertake a comparative study of performance.  Can
>anyone suggest an Australasian company that would be a fair
>comparison?

There is no obviously directly comparative business (wholesale
grain processing, retail baked products, branded snack products)
listed on the Australain or New Zealand sharemarket that I know of.

To get a 'near enough' comparison,  I think it depends how you think
of Goodman Fielder's operations.  If you think of them as in the
'consumer foods business' you might compare them to 'National Foods',
'Burns Philp', or on the New Zealand market, maybe even something
like the 'DB Group'.

HTH

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."