Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] Alliance group profit

From: "wrighties" <wrighties@actrix.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:06:50 +1200

I think this increase just reflects the effect of higher livestock values on cash flow requirements, much the same as the increase in net tangibles on the Affco balance sheet.

Is this a problem? Well they will need more OD and the banks don't always see a higher value of meat in the freezer as more equity, but given improved profit result I wouldn't think this would be a problem. These profit results show how meat companies can crank oit out when a drought increases the stock supply and theres only two big players in the market.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] McEwans investment report wrighties