Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

[sharechat] Alliance group profit

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 15:28:27 +1200

As reported in The Press

Alliance Group unaudited interim result for the 6mths ended 31/03
2001
2001
Change
$000 $000 %
Revenue
557,456
403,354
+38
Pre tax profit
25,315
10,098
+151
Tax
7,530
343
.
A/Tax profit
17,785
9,755
+82
Minorities
428
280
.
Equity earnings
913
726
.
Profit
18,270
10,201
+79
Non recurring .
7,900
.
Adj. profit
18,270
2,301
+694
Cash flow
Operations
(116,504)
(79,908)
-46
Investments
(14,424)
(11,805)
.
Financing
112,166
78,851
.
.
(18,762)
(12,862)
.

My concern is that while the increase in profit is excellent, there is an increase in operating cash flow deficit, which is almost matched by cash flow from financing.

While I appreciate that meat companies cash flow can be lumpy, if the cash flow trend of the past two 6 month periods does not improve, I fear trouble ahead.

Any comments from sharechaters?

boop-boop-de-do Marilyn

*

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] RMG Patricia Troup