Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] AIR latest forecasts

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:46:10 +1200

Yes, underwriting a share issue can be justified as long as the Government can appoint (a) member (s) to the Board.

 That will be different than just having to give AIR a loan.

They could claim this to be a matter of national interest and would intimate that at a later date, they would dispose of the interest and even make a profit.

They would dare the Opposition to counter that and that is highly improbable.

When you said that " if you can buy rights for 40 cents on the market, why pay more for the head shares ", well, I am merely saying that immediately after such an announcement, the shares could fall to 85- 80 cents.

If you think that they should fall further, well, so be it!  I may think that but I certainly won't put that proposition to the forum!

I am really concerned with the Macros of the case, not the details.

When the time comes for any decision, I'll make one all right!

You could make things more interesting by producing plan B, as outlined before: A smaller cash issue!

My opinion is that as long AIR holds Ansett, one can forget about those forecasts of profits. If the present situation were allowed to continue for too long, then all bets must be off!

Anyway, if the situation is so blurred, I just would take the loss and move on: AIRVA is not the only stock in Austr / NZ !

And if some investors can't do that, well, I wish them luck; they will need it at this stage, perhaps.

How about that plan B, please ?

Gerry