Re: [sharechat] RYM - the silence is deafening

From: "Second Step" <secondstep70@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 15:32:46 +1200

Maybe the positive press was this...

22 Nov 00 BUY at $1.75. Ryman boosts interim profit. Ryman Healthcare (RYM)
announced a net surplus after tax of $7m for the six months to 30 September,
up 10% on the same period last year. Turnover increased to $22.9m from $28m.
Considering the woeful state of rival aged care companies like Metlifecare
(MET) and Eldercare (ELD) this is a very strong result, although likely
write-offs on the value of its properties won't take place until year end.
Even so, the company is shaping up as an excellent vehicle for taking
advantage of the long-term aging of New Zealand's population.  McEwen's
Investment Report

Apart from McEwen, JP Morgan - ANZ, have estimated an earning per share of
12.43c down  from 13c last year.
http://au.us.biz.yahoo.com/z/a/r/rym.nz.html

I visited the new Shona McClean site in Lower Hutt. It was really quite
impressive. The grounds and building are top quality. The person I was
seeing was happy with the way she was treated. They even had a happy hour.

I don't have any RYM, but they are on my watchlist. I'm keen to see their
profit announcement coming up.

BEN are also about to report soon. Has anybody heard anything about the
proposed return of capital?

Second