[sharechat] SOMETHING NEW -----MIA

From: "mikejenny" <mikejenny@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:28:56 +1200

Chatters

Its been a quiet day for me so I thought I’d visit the forum a bit

Something to change tack on

Do people have any thoughts on the following company

Medical Imaging Australasia (MIA) ASX

Listed July 2000

Market cap of 604 mill

Involved in diagnostic imaging including radiology, ultrasound, CT, MRI, bone densitometry, mammography and other areas of nuclear medicine

They operate 113 clinics throughout Australia and are venturing into the UK. They are the largest supplier of radiology and nuclear medicine services in OZ

Took a sizable hit in the tech bust but seem to be on the way back up creating a bit of interest with PER of 4.3 and the sector average is 29.3

This from their web site www.medicalimagingaustralasia.com.au

Four areas of growth have been identified -

  • merger and acquisition of high quality practices in Australia and Asia
  • building on existing business by offering superior services and cost efficiencies
  • identifying regions which need diagnostic services and establishing new practices
  • tendering for outsourcing from Government and private enterprise

they seem pretty forthcoming with announcements as I’ve been looking at them for awhile and have received numerous news reports from stockhouse

worth a closer look??

iccon

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] RE: Commsoft Corkhill, Sarah (London)