[sharechat] RBC

From: "i_claudius" <i_claudius@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:01:01 +1200

Some profit taking today?Traders may kick themselves for this before long.I
think there is plenty of upside in this stock yet.
I think the Caltex deal is done and dusted and has been for some time.Recall
the press advertisements 2 or 3 weeks ago by Caltex seeking convenience
store operators?Interesting to speculate on how much Challenge! has been
sold for and what RBC will do with the funds.RBC carries Challenge on the
books at $20m.Fletcher Group had it at $74m.Seems the analyst community
think it could be sold for $40m to $50m.
Now what does RBC do with that money?It doesn't need it to fund it's biotech
committments...that's covered by the proceeds from the Capstone
divestment.RBC has no debt.
Maybe we're looking at a capital return.Now that would be nice wouldn't it?
And not a word about the F stock.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] MMD and CLH mikejenny