Re: [sharechat] Frucor

From: nickkearney@xtra.co.nz
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 0:28:22 +0000

Phaedrus

Trend lines??

What are they??  You are tlking to a bunch of dogmatic fundamentalists here.
You know, stick it in the bottom drawer and forget about it.  Tactics that
brokers were recommending for FFS when they were at $2.25 or BRY when they were
$6.  I hear you Phaedrus, but I don't think many others do.

Cheers

NK

> From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
> Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:34:04 -0700 (PDT)
> To: Sharechat <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
> Subject: [sharechat] Frucor

GIF image

Talk abo= ut fiddling while Rome burns! Here we have a stock in freefall and you guys= are arguing over P/E ratios, market share, earnings, relative merits of va= rious softdrinks, etc ad nauseum. Use of a basic trendline would have got = you out at $2.20 or better, saving the 30% (so far) fall from that point. M= any of you seem to have committed the cardinal sin of falling in love with = a stock, and are committed to its defence no matter what. Some even talk of= buying more!
I have added a new trendline to the chart of yesterday. If= you insist on buying, at least wait until the current downtrend is over, a= nd prices climb above this line.
I suspect I am wasting my time here, th= ough. My previous post (beautifully illustrated!) failed to engender a sing= le response.
Phaedrus.