Re: Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST: Barriers to sound investment ( 6 )

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:56:43 +1200

Thanks for your clear comments, Mike.

With regard to taxation of UK listed Investment Trusts, Cullen did have a look at it but decided to do nothing.

I have not heard anything since. But, as you say, it is possible that this may change!

To be on the safe side, I started the sentence with the word " Sofar ".

Yes, I definitely would buy the units in the UK. I had a look at those listed here, but, apart from not being liquid, I find that some of the better performers are not listed here.

If I were to say that there is more incentive for some to be listed here, that could provoke further comment!

Another matter is " trailing commissions ". These are usually received by advisors from the Unit trust Manager.

Apart from that, those investors who invest in politically safe countries where there is a very positive and consistent growth in GDP will tend to " win ", even if they forgo the imputation of dividends!

To have all your money in a market with its fortunes depending on takeovers and the currency being exposed, is not exactly my method of creating wealth!

Regards,

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] MMD - Micromedical Industries Limited - Artificial heart / VentrAssist G Stolwyk