Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

RE: [sharechat] Fosters Brewing Group -- attention PHAEDRUS

From: "Ian Rawnsley" <ianr@ie3.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:52:04 +1200

ash,

The MACD is a two-component indicator based on two exponential moving price averages.  The first component of the MACD is a line which represents the difference between two moving averages, each computed for a different period of time.  This first component is called the Price Phase Line.  The second component, which is called the Signal Line, is an exponential average of the first component.
As a general rule, it is considered bullish when the Price Phase Line is rising and is above the Signal Line.  Conversely, it is bearish when the Price Phase Line is falling and is below the Signal Line.
Buy and sell signals are generated by the crossing of the two lines.  In general, a buy signal occurs when the Price Phase Line crosses from below to above the Signal Line.  A sell signal is indicated when the Price Phase Line crosses from above to below the Signal Line.

If you wish to learn more, then become a member of STANZ (Society of Technical Analysts of New Zealand Inc).
Have a look at our web-site at www.stanz.co.nz

Our next meeting is this Thursday at 7:30pm at the McGhie Lecture Theatre, Epsom. Details of the program are on the web-site. Two of the occasional contributors to NZSharechat will be giving presentations.

Ian Rawnsley
STANZ Membership Secretary