Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

[sharechat] Metashare

From: "Mike Beal" <mike.beal@approved.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:27:35 +1200

What sort of returns did they claim you could get by using Metashare?  I recall a similar operation claiming ridiculous returns - the one I saw went something along the lines of 'this sample portfolio over the past three years returned an amazing XX%' and had little graphs showing the $1000 grow to $100,000 or something equally stupid to appeal to the gullible.

There's no evidence that these systems work whatsoever.  There's no evidence that even technical analysis works over the long-term that I've seen - although I'm happy to be proven wrong, it's just that i've NEVER seen any evidence.

Mike.
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 3:33 AM
Subject: Re: [sharechat] Metashare

How did you get on with MetaShare?  I recently attended a seminar in Auckland and was quite impressed with their low-key approach and simple explanations.  They are asking $NZ4,000 and $NZ115 (+GST) monthly which seems an improvement on some of the prices I've seen, especially in Australia.  I haven't heard of any successful customers reporting back.................Has anyone?