Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: [sharechat] Frucor Beverages Group Limited

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:23:16 +1200

   Just read the article in question, gives a very good history, of
the energy drink  V , also gives lots of information on ingredients
etc. Makes a very interesting read.
       One interesting fact is that Mark Cowswell (spelling?)
has put his money where his mouth is and now has around
2m in shares. The article as expected was very enthusiastic about
the australian market. On europe however it was very realistic,
emphasising the difficulty of a small company like Frucor taking
on the big boys.
        There were comments from a csf boston analyst, who said
that at the time of listing many brokers felt the company was
a rather risky proposition. However opinion has now shifted in
favour of the company which is now gaining widespread broker approval
           One thing for sure it appears that frucor is in a growth market,
not just with V  but with bottled water and vitamin ehanced drinks.
The public are expected to be spending more on these catogaries, as
consumption of traditional soft drinks declines

        nick    disclosure - im not disclosing lol

To those Interested in Frucor, I was on the plane and read a good article in Metro about Frucor, I learned much I did not know about this company, it is very interesting and may explain the recent sharp rise in the share price.

Phil
(hold FRU)